Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My child was ABDUCTED by his father


 

As a mother you try you're hardest to protect your children. I have found out the hard way that the people closest to you are the ones you have to be more aware of. I hope the more I talk about this and tell my story about my situation will help others and make more people more aware of their living styles of trust with family members.

How many children are reported missing each year?

The U.S. Department of Justice reports

  • 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
  • 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
  • 58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
  • 115 children were the victims of "stereotypical" kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

[Andrea J. Sedlak, David Finkelhor, Heather Hammer, and Dana J. Schultz. U.S. Department of Justice. "National Estimates of Missing Children: An Overview" in National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children. Washington, DC: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, October 2002, page 5.]

Hello my name is Kalyn I have a child that has been abducted by his Father. Legally sense neither one of us had filed a child support program he had just as many rights as I did. So the Law say's it wasn't abduction. Legally the only thing the police could do is find other issues to charge him with. Now my son sense being found has major Social and Emotional issues. He is 16yrs old now. My child was 14 when he was found and weighing 60 pounds. My son is now weighing 110 pounds. Huge increase and accomplishment. My child has been returned to me over a year ago from being held from me and not returned to me from his father. His father had my son without my permission for over 4 years. My son was suppose to be with his father for a couple months as a summer vacation and was never returned. I had never thought I would have to worry about dealing with an out of state parent. I had gone through all the legal issues to have him returned. The legal authorities was making it very clear that sense the father and I had never went through a court order of who the children belong to, he had just as many rights to him as I did. My son was found in New Orleans, LA. On Sept 09 2009 the New Orleans police had contacted me saying they have my son he had been threw a terrible experience and I needed to come down and get him. My son had been threw the Hurricane Katrina experience, Neglection, abuse, malnourished and so much more. I had jumped on the first flight and went to the hospital where they had my son. When I arrived I had no clue on the real on hand situation; the police didn't want to worry me. I had watched the news and my son's story had made nationwide headlines. (60 pound teen found). The news articles had only half the story or embleished the rest of the story. But at least my son's story was heard. Finally I had some form of proof that I wasn't crazy. Within the time of my son being gone some of the family members had pushed me away thinking I just gave my child away or I was crazy! The Time my son was gone was a horrible experience for the both of us and the other siblings. To read the horrid comments that people had posted about the situation only made me feel like more sadden. So this is why I am blogging my story. I AM IN THE NEED OF HELP! The return of my son has been over a year now and his issues are uncontrollable. My family which we have 4 other members total, is suffering and hard to deal with my son's Social and Emotional issues. We as a family have went to many forms of help. We have participated in many forms of counseling, doctors, lectures, school meetings, and so forth. I CAN NOT find a solution or a form of way for all of us to live, love, and cope with the problems. Everyone has dealt with so much and everyone that we have turned to has not affected the situation. We need to find a solution or a way to understand my son's situation at an impacting way. I have documation of all reports of everything sense my son's return.

Is there anyone else out there that has a situation as mine or almost in the same matter? I will be posting other situations that my family goes through or already have been though. Maybe we can all help each other. '

Please no negative comments on the victims and victim's family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment